In just one month I will be heading to California for Christmas and a four week visit with my family there. I will also be celebrating the one year anniversary of living in India and being a foster mom to my amazing kids.
Here is a post I wrote over a year ago as I was getting ready to begin my fostering journey about how God had turned my plans upside down:
At the time I wrote that post, I was looking at 6 months fostering and then a huge unknown after that.
At the beginning of this year I committed to a second 6 months, and a few months after that knew God was calling me to stay here for an unknown amount of time until He called me somewhere else.
As I look back at the plans I had for my life just a little over a year ago, I am amazed at how much God has worked in my heart and changed my dreams to line up with His.
Every time I seem to think I know what the plan is and have it all figured out, God shows me how much better of a plan He has for me than what I could have ever imagined.
So now I'm here. Hyderabad, India is my home. I'm not here for 6 months or 1 year or 5 years, I'm here right now. God called me to move here and here I'll stay till He calls me to move again.
I live a strange life. While the other 20 year olds I know are going to college, I live in India as a mother to 11 kids with special needs. My days consist of doing therapy with my kids, visiting preschools, fundraising, and eating more rice than I ever thought possible!
Some days I am incredibly exhausted and feel like I just can't get out of bed.
Some days I am completely overwhelmed by the pain and hurt that surrounds me.
Some days I feel totally incompetent and wonder what good I could possibly be doing.
Some days I feel so emotionally drained, I can't even cry.
Some days I wish I lived a "normal" life.
But every day God gives me just what I need to keep going.
Every day I look at my kids and everything around me and realize how incredibly blessed I am.
Every day I thank God that He turned my plans upside down.
No, my life is not "normal" but I wouldn't have it any other way!
Here is a look into my life as a foster mom and an introduction to my 11 incredible kids!
If you believe in the vision we have for our home and the work God has called me to here in India, would you consider helping me stay and continue that work by coming alongside me financially?
I need to raise $1000/month to cover my next 6 months. I currently have $250/month in sponsors. Please consider becoming a supporter of mine and giving a monthly or one time gift towards that remaining $750. No gift is too small - a little goes a long way. You can become a monthly supporter for as little as $10/month. That's just 2 cups of coffee. Will you buy me 2 cups of coffee a month? :)
Tori's Support Page
Please note that if we met through SCH, I ask that you continue to direct any giving towards the kids and not my personal support. There are lots of ways to give to our home and kids specifically in Nikki's blog post: Support Courage Purple!
I need to raise $1000/month to cover my next 6 months. I currently have $250/month in sponsors. Please consider becoming a supporter of mine and giving a monthly or one time gift towards that remaining $750. No gift is too small - a little goes a long way. You can become a monthly supporter for as little as $10/month. That's just 2 cups of coffee. Will you buy me 2 cups of coffee a month? :)
Tori's Support Page
Please note that if we met through SCH, I ask that you continue to direct any giving towards the kids and not my personal support. There are lots of ways to give to our home and kids specifically in Nikki's blog post: Support Courage Purple!
And even if you aren't able to give your support financially, I ask that you please come behind us in prayer - that's something we can't get enough of!
Thank you all so much for reading this and for your continued support. What I do wouldn't be possible without you!
No comments:
Post a Comment