Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Sad Goodbye and Hard Transitions

I'm going to have to take a little break from introducing the kids for the next few days as there is a lot going on and I haven't had the time.

I do want to keep everyone updated on all that is going on here though and also ask for your prayers.

Yesterday morning, two amazing young women left India to head back to their home in Canada.

Their names are Nikki and Sarah and they have been fostering these seven kids for the past five months.

I have spent this past week learning from them and getting into their routine so the change for the kids would be as minimal as possible.

They have done some amazing things for these kids and getting to see firsthand the love that they have for them and how much the kids love them back was incredible.

They have changed these children's lives.

So, naturally, seeing them go has been really hard on the kids.

We explained to Lily and Molly through a translator a few days ago that they would be leaving so they would be prepared and also told them that Nikki will be coming back in January.

Nolan was harder to explain to as he is deaf, and it wasn't until they were actually leaving that he realized what was going on.  Nikki has been a mother figure to him and the love they have for each other is the most beautiful thing in the world.  I am trying to help him understand that Nikki will be coming back but there is no way of knowing if he gets what I'm trying to communicate.

I don't know how much the other 4 understand, but I know they sense the void and are missing them too.

Please be keeping all of us in your prayers.

Please pray that Sarah and Nikki would be comforted in this hard time for them, that adjusting back to life in Canada wouldn't be too difficult, and that they would have a nice time with their families.

Please pray that all the kids would adjust well and be comforted in knowing that Nikki and Sarah still love them and I love them too.

Please pray for our two ayahs that care for the kids, that they would also be comforted and that they would love and care for the kids well in this time.

And please pray for me.

There are now 9 people in this home that are all looking to me.

Please pray that the Lord will give me strength, love, and patience and that He will guide me through this tough time.

It seems as if everyone in this house has a cold, my body is still adjusting to the food and all the new things, we are all emotional and tired, these past 24 hours have brought a lot of change for all of us, and everyone is looking to little me.

I am completely at a loss for knowing how to handle all of this.

My biggest struggle right now is trying to find the line between keeping the routine the same and giving them some time off.  Between correcting bad behavior and giving grace as I know this time is tough.  Between loving on them as much as I can and taking some time for myself as well.

I have come to the end of my rope.  I am tired, emotional, and out of ideas.

Now it's all about relying on the One who brought me here to get me and the other members of this house through.

With all that said, there is no place I'd rather be than right here, right now.  I am so blessed.

As I'm writing this, I am being force-fed by my ayahs and cuddled by my babies - it doesn't get better than this!

Through all the struggles, I am growing and learning to rely on my King more and more.

Thank you to all that have been praying and will continue to pray - I appreciate it more than you know.

To Nikki and Sarah, you two have done so many amazing things in the past 5 months and have truly changed 7 lives.  No, make that 8 - mine too.

Not to mention the countless others that have had the pleasure of knowing you.

Thank you for helping me, teaching me, being there for me, and loving our babies so well.

I love you both more than I can say.

You have done amazing things here in India that will last for eternity!

You are missed, but you are also exactly where God wants you right now and that is ALWAYS the best place to be.

Now, as you each go where our Lord is calling you next, may His hand continue to be on your lives and may you continue to change the lives of others that He brings you to.


*So sorry that this was so quick and choppy.  I don't have much time but wanted to get this out there.  Maybe I'll go back later and edit...probably not...  Anyway, thanks for reading this hastily put together post and for your support.  Blessings!*

No comments:

Post a Comment