Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I Will Dance With Cinderella

Every night while I'm getting the kids ready for bed, I put my Christian music on random and let it play in the background.

Tonight, Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman came on.

Now, that song usually makes me at least tear up every time I hear it, but tonight it made me full out cry.

At first I wasn't quite sure why it hit me so hard.  Then I realized it was for two reasons:

First, it made me think of my own Daddy, how blessed I am to have him in my life, and how much I miss him.  My dad is the best and has always made me feel so special - like I'm his princess.

The second reason I cried was for my girls.

I cried for them because they've never had that.

My girls have never had a Daddy.

Their birth fathers gave them up.  They didn't want their Cinderellas.  They didn't see the princess through the rags.  They saw a girl who was different and didn't look any further.

I truly feel sorry for them.  They gave up the best gift they were ever given.

Much more than that though, my heart aches for my girls - my princesses.  I know that no matter how much I love them, I can never fill the hole God created in little girls' hearts to be filled by a Daddy.

All I can do is pray.

So I do.

I pray that although my girls don't have an earthly father, they would know their Heavenly Father and He would fill that void in their life with Himself.

I also pray that one day they would get to experience the love of an earthly father too.  Dinah, Jasmine, Lily, and Molly's adoption paperwork has been finalized and turned in (sadly, Promise has aged out).  I am praying that the paperwork will be processed quickly and they would be matched with families who will love them well and care for them so much better than I ever could.

I have a picture in my mind of each one of them getting picked up by her Daddy and swung around as he tells her how much he loves her and how he's never going to let her go.  I pray that one day that dream becomes a reality.

Until then,

"I  will dance with Cinderella, while she is here in my arms."

"I will dance with Cinderella, I don't want to miss even one song.  'Cause all too soon, the clock will strike midnight...

...and she'll be gone."

No comments:

Post a Comment