Sunday, May 4, 2014

Anuragani, Our Beloved

I woke up this morning with a sick feeling in my stomach, like something was wrong.

I was confused for a moment and then I remembered.  It wasn't a dream.  Yesterday Anuragani went to heaven.

Anu (known online as Ella) lived her life at SCH downstairs in the critical care home.  When she came to us she weighed only 1.3 kgs and couldn't regulate her body temperature.  At first Mama Anna had to carry her around like a kangaroo to keep her warm.  Then she got healthier and gained another .2 kgs - a big deal for her!

At first we were worried that she wouldn't be with us long but after a while it had seemed like she was going to make it.  She got even healthier and I started taking it for granted that she would always be there when I needed some tiny baby snuggles.


Then yesterday, out of nowhere, we heard that baby Anu had been rushed to the hospital.  The tears started as we gathered together and prayed for our little baby's life to be spared.  But the answer was no.  It was time for her to go home to her Daddy.

Once again, we gathered for prayer - only with a lot more tears this time.  There was something so beautiful about all of us gathered together, pouring our hearts out to Jesus, thanking Him for bringing Anu to a better place, and asking for His peace to fill our hurting hearts.  In that moment I realized how much I love each one of these ladies in this home.

Our miracle baby will be very much missed.  Her name means beloved in Hindi and never was a truer name given.  She is beloved by all of us here at SCH and even more so by her Father in heaven.

In her few short months she touched so many lives.  Her Daddy had great plans for her while she was here and after that last person He had planned got to hold her and touch that beautiful face, He told her she could be done fighting and come rest in His arms.

Last night I got to hold her one last time.  I got to stroke her downy head and little cheeks.  I was filled with peace knowing that she wasn't there anymore.  She will never be trapped in that tiny sick body again.

Today Anuragani is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment