Saturday, July 26, 2014

We've Moved! Introducing Courage Home!

My posts on adoption are going to have to take a back seat for a little bit as there have been a couple of new and exciting things that happened this past week that I want to share with you first!

On Monday, 2 year old Louise joined our family bringing our child count to 9 (10 for right now as Zinnia is up from Ongole and staying with us for a while)!  In the next couple of days I will write a post about little Louise and her first week as part of our family, but right now I want to tell you all about our new home!

On Monday (Monday was a busy day for us!) we got the call to let us know we finally got the keys to Courage home, SCH's second house in Hyderabad and our new home.

The critical care home here in Hyderabad has been bursting at the seams!  We have been blessed with so many new babies in need of care here at SCH and are happy to take them but the main floor was getting very full.  Foster mom Kourtney and her 10 boys had also moved up here from Ongole so many of the boys could attend school this year.

Needless to say, it was time for a new home!

Thanks to the donations of many, we were able to get a new house down the street where Kourtney, Nikki, and I moved with our 20 kids, leaving room for the babies in the old home to spread out :)

There are 3 floors in the new home so Nikki and I have the top floor with our 10, Kourtney and her 10 are in the middle, and the bottom floor is being reserved for foster mom Savannah and her kids, who will move up from Ongole when she arrives in September.

We had only Tuesday to pack up our home and then spent all day Wednesday moving.

One thing I was reminded of is you never realize how much stuff you have till you move!


The poor kids spent the day trying to entertain themselves with whatever they could find lying around... ;)


Nikki and I got the entire house all set up and when the kids arrived after dinner, we had just put the last picture on the wall and stored the last empty bag.

The entire day as a whole went surprisingly smoothly, yet in the typical Indian fashion, there was plenty we could either get frustrated about or just shake our heads and chuckle about.  Nikki and I chose the latter and were able to laugh as we cleaned everything before bringing it into the house due to rain, patched up things that had been ripped, bent, or dented, and passed a piece of our couch across balconies because it wouldn't fit through the door ;)

Our new house is so big and beautiful (and full of storage space!), we couldn't stop smiling as we set everything up and waited for the kids to arrive!  We are so blessed by our new house!

To give you a little idea of how awesome it is, I'll try to put a few things into perspective.  Our old house was awesome, yet we still used to have to store all the kid's clothes in this:


We can now use that for our school room as we have all this for the kid's stuff:


Nikki and I used to share this for all of our belongings:


We now share this:


It's crazy!  We have more space than we could ever use!

On top of that, I also had the closest thing to an American shower I've had since moving to India on Thursday morning!

Needless to say, I love our new home and while some things are still getting sorted out (like our internet that was supposed to be in on Friday, then Saturday, now Monday), all the necessities were there on Thursday morning and the house is running smoothly which we are so grateful for.

I think it's safe to say the kids love it too!

We are still in need of funds for some items for our new home (like an inverter for power outages) and our monthly rent so if you would like to help us out and give towards Courage Home, it would be much appreciated!  You can do so here:  http://schindia.com/Special-Projects/courage-home/

Thank you all so much for your support.  We couldn't have moved this week without you!

To finish, here are some pictures of my favorite parts of the house.  Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment