Saturday, July 19, 2014

Adoption, Part 1

I mentioned in my last post that adoption had been on my mind lately.  I am always thinking about adoption but there are 2 things that have contributed to it being on my mind more than usual right now.

This post is the first reason.  It is also the happy side of the story, the part everyone wants to hear about.  In a few days I will post part 2.  The next part may not be as happy but is just as important if not more so.  Then, I will share more of my thoughts on the subject in part 3.  Please stay tuned for the whole story.

The first two posts will tell the stories of 2 sets of girls that are very near and dear to my heart.  This first post is about the girls known online as "Stacy" and "Genevieve," the first two SCH children to get adopted.

On and off for the few months preceding my visit to the states in May, we had these two beautiful SCH school girls move up from Ongole to stay with us while their adoptions to the US were going through the final stages.

Having Stacy and Genevieve as part of our family for the short time we did was such a blessing.  It also gave me a first hand look at the beautiful thing that is adoption that I had never seen before.

Both of the families had been pursuing adoption for years but they never gave up on their girls.  I think they can all say the wait was well worth it.

Each of the girls had a scrapbook that their "forever families" had sent them when the adoptions became official.  They were full of pictures of their parents and siblings, the house they would live in, and even their own bedroom that was waiting for them.  They would show the books to anyone and everyone that would look at them with exclamations of, "This is my America family!" "Look at my room!" "I'm going to have dogs!" "I'm going to America!" "This is my mommy and daddy!"  Anytime a new volunteer would step foot in our house, out came the books!

The day Stacy came running up the stairs announcing that her mummy and daddy were here, my heart burst.  She grabbed one of my hands and one of Nikki's and pulled us downstairs shouting, "Sisters, come meet my family!  My mummy and daddy both here!"  I held back tears as she introduced us to the parents she had just met but who had been praying for her and this moment for so many years, a huge beaming smile on all three faces.

While it wasn't time to take Stacy to America yet, they had a few beautiful days to visit together and between the day her family left to go back to America and when I left for America myself, all Stacy talked about was her forever family.

Unfortunately, I was in America still when both girls went to their new homes with their families, but I got to be a part of the journey from afar and cried whenever a new picture came.

They are now both settled in their American homes with their forever families and doing great!  I couldn't be happier for these two special girls, prayerfully the first of many, many children at SCH to get adopted.

Dear, "Stacy,"
The house seems so empty now without your joyful voice ringing through it.  Every time I read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do You See?  I think of you and can't help but smile!  We all miss you a lot - especially Molly.  Every time I show her a picture of you, she points to you and giggles.  She loves you so much.  I will never forget the beautiful way you loved her and always did your best to include her in everything that was going on.  I love the way you are always so willing to help out - the little things you would do for us meant a lot.  You were such a joy to have around and I can only imagine how blessed your family is by you.

You have a beautiful family that loves you very much.  I hope you never forget that.  They fought for you for years and never gave up because they wanted you to be their daughter so badly.  I know sometimes things will be hard but remember, you have a family that loves you and a Heavenly Father that will always be there.  He is the same Jesus in America that He is in India and He will never leave or forsake you.  I love you so much and I am so glad God brought you into my life for the time that He did.  You are one special girl and you will always be in my thoughts and prayers.


Dear, "Genevieve,"
I miss seeing your little smiling face every morning.  I miss practicing your English with you (which was incredibly good) and doing goofy iPad apps together.  I will always smile when I remember the day that you, Stacy, Nikki, and I went up on the roof and we taught you how to play Uno (or how funny it was the next day when you and Stacy tried to play it yourselves)!  You brought so much joy and life to our home and it was such a pleasure to have you, even if for only a short time.

You are very special little girl and although I have never met your family, I can tell how much they love you and how wonderful they are.  Your Heavenly Father has now brought you an earthly mother and father and I know they will take great care of you.  You will grow up to do some amazing things - I know it!  I pray that you will never forget the One who has been beside you every step of the way and that you would walk with Him all the days of your life.  I love you, sweet girl.  You will always have a special place in my heart.


I love you through and through.  Yesterday, today, and tomorrow too.  Nenu ninnu premistunnanu, "Stacy" and "Genevieve."

All my love,
Tori Sister

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute from such a connected, devoted "Mommy". You continue to touch move & inspire me Tori... Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry a little. I can't imagine how hard it must be to let children go when you've grown to love them so much. But, their forever families love them dearly as well. I can't imagine how part 2 will make me feel. I'll probably be crying a river! So blessed to be able to be a part of all your lives, even if only though words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete