Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Dear Chloe,

The first time I saw you was in a blurry little photo over a year ago.  I didn't even know your name, but one look at you and I was gone.  You had my heart.  I knew that one day you would no longer be just a little girl in a photo, but that you would become my little girl.

That day came later than I had hoped for, but it did come at last.  2 months ago, you became part of our family for real.  These past 2 months with you have been even better than I could have imagined.

You have already learned so much since moving in and I have such big dreams for you.  Your Heavenly Daddy has some incredible things in store for your life - I just know it.

In a matter of days, you taught yourself how to walk.  I tried to teach you and wondered how I would ever get you to cooperate and then one day you just stood up and started walking all on your own.  Apparently all you needed was some space to spread your wings!

You definitely have a mind of your own and know what you want.  That's one of the things I love about you.  You're determined and don't care what anyone else says.  That will take you far.  I pray that one day you will also learn to listen to wise council and guidance too though ;)

Every week, you and I go to Gymboree classes with Nikki and Charlotte.  That is one of my favorite parts of the week.  I love getting to spend so much uninterrupted 1:1 time with you and watch you explore new things and grow.  Sometimes you whine and cry when I make you do certain things, but I hope you know it's because I love you and want you to grow.  I want you to try new things, get stronger, and keep going even when you might be a little scared.  I won't let you fall.  I will always be right there if you need me.

I've been trying to find a way for you to let us know you are thirsty and ask for water.  I tried teaching you the sign and while you picked up on most of it quickly, you still won't do it without me tapping your wrist first.  I started saying, "aaah" every time, hoping you would pick up on the verbal cue.  Instead, you completely surprised me and started saying "aah" yourself!  You're so smart!

I hope you will soon learn you can express that you're thirsty and wanting water at any time throughout the day that way, not just in our sessions.  I want you to know that you have a voice and there are people ready and willing to listen.

I pray that one day you will not only use sounds to communicate your wants and needs, but that you will begin to use words and talk to us.  You make so many different sounds already and are making tons of new ones every day.  I think it is definitely possible, given enough time.

Some people will probably say I expect too much of you, but I don't think so.  I think there's a whole lot more in there than what we have seen so far.  I believe in you and will never stop fighting for you.

I will never stop fighting for you, because you're worth it.

You're not worth it because of anything you've done or haven't done.  You're worth it because you are Chloe, a daughter of the King.  Don't EVER forget that.

It breaks my heart thinking that at one point, you probably didn't feel like you were worth it and maybe still have doubts.  I wish I could have come to you sooner, if only for a moment, to tell you that you are worth fighting for and you are wanted.

You were a part of this family long before you came here physically.  You were constantly in our thoughts and prayers and we couldn't wait to bring you home.  We didn't want a little blind girl.  We wanted you.  Chloe.  Our daughter.

And even long before we ever saw your photo, there was Someone else who wanted you.  He loved you before you were even born.  He perfectly planned out each little bit of you and wove you together.  And even in the times you felt like you were alone, He was right there holding you.  His heart was breaking with yours.  And He already had a plan for you.

He wanted you to be loved and so created little Chloe-shaped holes in our hearts.  He wanted you to know what family was, so He brought you into ours.  And I believe that even though they may not know it yet, He created a whole forever family with Chloe-shaped holes in their hearts who will one day realize what is missing and bring you home.

You are a beautiful girl, Chloe.

You are a daughter of the King and His radiance shines through you.

Each day I love you more and more.

You light up my life and you light up this home.

We wouldn't be quite the same without your crazy, goofy, unpredictable, adorable, fun little self in our lives.

I love you so much, Chloe.  I pray you never forget it!

Chloe is still in need of sponsors!  Will you commit to a monthly gift to make sure this princess gets all that she needs to thrive?  http://schindia.com/children/chloe/

No comments:

Post a Comment