I have a lot on my mind and heart right now that I want to share with you but I'm going to need a few days to be able to put it all into words. Until then, I thought I'd share something very special to me - our goodnight "song."
Before I arrived, Nikki and Sarah would read the book, I Love You Through and Through to our kids every night and it became a must in the bedtime routine. One of the first things I learned from them before they left was this book.
The actual book has been long gone but the reciting of it every night lives on.
The kids know it by heart as well and Lily and Molly are always poised to say, "shhhhh" at the right moment :)
Bedtime just wouldn't be the same without it and I love the fact that every night before they fall asleep, the kids are reminded of how loved they are - every little part of them!
"I love you through and through.
I love your top side,
I love your bottom side.
I love your inside,
and outside.
I love your happy side,
your sad side.
Your silly side,
your mad side.
I love your fingers,
and toes.
Your ears,
and nose.
I love your hair,
and eyes.
Your giggles,
and cries.
I love you running,
and walking.
Silent (shhhhh!),
and talking.
I love you through and through.
Yesterday, today, and tomorrow too!"
this is so great!! love it:)
ReplyDelete